Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wine Tasting and The Cape of Good Hope






Our last two days in Cape Town have been a little weird. We went wine tasting with Oliver yesterday and it all started out well as we headed to the Ernie Els Winery in the Stellenbach area to see what he had to offer. It was a little over priced and snooty there, but we stayed and tasted the wine and then decided to head to another tasting room. At the 2nd place Roger started feeling ill and so we thought it best to get something to eat at the next stop. Third winery was very nice and the wine was rather tasty plus they had a nice restaurant so Oliver and I ordered a succulent lunch and tasted more wine. After purchasing a couple of bottles we decided to go back to Cape Town as Roger was still not feeling good. On the way home we he got very ill and we had to pull over. Back at our place I pumped him with antibiotics and put him to bed. I don’t think Roger enjoyed the wine tasting very much!
Next morning with Roger still feeling a little under the weather, but not letting it deter us from our set plan, we drove down the coast to the Cape of Good Hope (the farthest south I have ever been). It was a fantastic drive and we hiked out to the tip to view where the Indian and Atlantic oceans come together. On the way back to town we stopped to view the penguins at Boulder Beach. The little guys were so cute and you could almost just reach out and touch them they were so close. Tired and still not 100% we made it an early evening. Tomorrow we catch a morning flight to Port Elizabeth where the plan is to visit an elephant sanctuary and see our first quarter final soccer game- Netherlands vs Brazil. Go Dutch Orange!!

2 comments:

  1. Dutch Orange? did you switch sides, Brazil playing too dirty for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope The Rog is feeling better! I love those penguin pictures. Wish I could see it in person. Looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete