Cape Town is an amazing city!! We are having the best time here. Roger’s nephew has been a gracious host, driving us all over and showing off his city to us. The Restaurants are fantastic and the variety of cuisine is endless (oh and the wine ain’t bad either!). Last night we hung out n the waterfront watching soccer with the Germans and today Roger and I went to the fan fest to watch Netherlands on the giant screen with all the Dutch fans hooting and hollering.
This morning Roger and I were on our own as Oliver had to work so we decided to take a “leisurely” 2.2 km hike up Lion’s Head Mountain. Little did we know that it was more of a rock climb then a hike. Sheer cliffs on which we had to hold onto chains and footholds to get up to the next level. It was pretty scary, but decided I only live once and besides if those little girls ahead of us could it then so could I! My knees were shaking pretty bad at the top, but it was well worth it. 669 meters up and 360 degree views of the entire city of Cape Town, the ocean, and the surrounding mountains. Breathtaking!! After a short rest and snack break, we headed back down which was still a little nerve wracking, but not as strenuous as the climb up. I know I will hurt tonight-where’s the Ibuprophen?
Back in town we stopped to eat at a little pizza bar where the beer was cold and very welcoming. Tomorrow we are off to the wine country to taste some of the famous South African wines…
No comments:
Post a Comment